I spend a lot of time persuading people to take that first step into the gym. But every now and then I do notice that some gym goers … Are complete arseholes! And today I thought I’d name 7 of them! Seven of the biggest bastards that every gym has to deal with.
1) Weight Throwers – People who find it impossible to place a weight down after an exercise, they HAVE to throw them down instead
No matter how dangerous, loud, and irritating it is to do, these people are oblivious
2) The Collector – This guy has 12 dumbbells surrounding him at all times, and yes he is going to be using all of them thank you very much
3) The Complainer (yes I get the irony thanks) – Everything in the gym sucks, the weights are in bad condition, the music is too loud, the machines need cleaning …
4) The Gym Herd – Never numbering less than 5 blokes, this group will take up one piece of equipment for the next hour and never want to share it
5) The trainee personal trainer – Not actually a personal trainer but obviously feels that if he wanted to be he would be the best ever.
This guy will usually be seen critiquing every move a trainer makes in a loud voice. He’d never take the risk himself of course, but he probably does wear a Personal Trainer shirt to the gym
6) The Yearly Showerer – Everyone sweats in the gym, many smell. But this guy walks into the gym smelling like the inside of a freshly used boxing glove. Everyone will avoid this bloke like the plague
7) Mr Superset – Whilst super-setting is awesome, it can be difficult in a busy gym and some compromises will need to be made if you are planning on doing this. But not this guy, you’ll see a free bench
and rush over to it, as you’ve been waiting for one for ages. When all of a sudden from across the gym you will hear “Hey I’m using that mate! Super-setting” he will not return to that bench for 5 minutes
Still, despite all of these bastards I still love training in gyms and feel that if you want proper results then they’re the only way to go!
P.S. Don’t forget to join my facebook group “Beer and Biceps” your one stop shop for bicep curls and fancy beer discussion, and almost completely free of gym bastards!
P.P.S Check out my article I wrote for Daniel Harrod here http://www.danielharrod.com/blog/2016/6/5/is-high-intensity-interval-training-overrated (it’s fucking quality)
Matt Smith is the owner of Beer N Biceps. He has a degree in Sports Science, 10 years of experience working in the fitness industry, and has written for hundreds of fitness websites. He is a lover of good quality beer and believes that drinking in moderation can form part of a healthy lifestyle.