I get it, I really do. I remember training for weeks on end and never seeing a difference in the mirror. Sure my bench press improved and I could squat more weight but I was still fat!
What I needed,
what everyone needs is a plan.
A checklist of steps that if you follow it completely you will get results that you can actually see!
I started training with Matt essentially because I wanted to look better than I did and to improve my diet. I always had terrible lunches and knew that it would catch up on me eventually. Looking at myself I could see the weight adding on, although not too severe. So mainly it was to look and feel better.
During the 12 weeks I was eating right and going to the gym as much as possible. I tried to make it 4 times a week and kicked myself when I missed sessions. Also the food plan that was set out was really useful as it made me realise what I could have for lunch without resorting to just water and bread or starving myself.
Being a complete novice to the gym the first thing I enjoyed was simply being told what to do and how it was helping. My first instinct would be to go on a running machine as I know how to work that but progressing onto weights and other machines was quite good. Training wasn't boring either, there was always something new to try and I really needed to be pushed. Doing 500m rows after each exercise is tough to do on your own but with someone motivating you it's a little easier.
- 12 week program
- Went from 33.8% Body Fat to 20%
- January 2014 weighed 142kg
- January 2015 weighed 104.5kg
- Total lost 37.5kg
- Deadlift 1rm 160kg
- Bench Press 1rm 110kg
- Leg Press 1rm 520kg
- Barbell Squat 1rm 140kg
Your free strategy call will help you:
- Establish what it is you actually want so that you are laser focused on your targets
- Plan out what steps you will need to take over the next 90 days to reach your targets
- Give you actionable advice so that you can get started immediately
- Ensure that you do not waste a second in the gym
- Avoid bad diets, your nutritional plan will be simple and easy to follow